Something as simple as a faucet that drips and goes unnoticed for months can cause a leak. Many varieties, including molds that grow due to water leaks in your home, can have dangerous health effects. During times of catastrophic events when many policyholders suffer water damage, they may take a while to respond. While it's critical to take the threat of mold seriously after a one-time water leak, all hope is not lost.
By thinking proactively and acting quickly, you can prevent mold from forming in your home after a single water leak. And while you might not think that a measly one-time water leak in your home could jeopardize that safety, the facts say otherwise. Even being around mold for a short period of time can cause serious health problems for some people. In the presence of excess moisture, often as a result of a water leak, mold can begin to proliferate inside surfaces such as drywall, plywood and tile.
Any water leak carries the risk of mold forming, but that doesn't necessarily mean mold growth is safe.